This is the final week of the Hubbers' summer vacation. Somehow, it just doesn't feel like we got a vacation, what with all the waiting for the bathroom to be done, getting sick and having family in town. I need a week off after my week off! Maybe a weekend getaway is in order... I've been a little light on the blogging trying to recover from our "time off," getting back into a routine and attempting to plan ways to drink the marrow out of life this last week with the Hubs at home. It will be back to the normal grind next week. While we enjoy the last week of "summer," we did have a lovely day yesterday. So I'm linking up with Hallie today to share with you a few things I loved about it...
1) Great Lakes Crossing/Outlet Shopping: I admit it. I am cheap. Cheapy, cheapcheap, cheapo. I love a good bargain, and hate buying anything full price. Oh, I mean, I am frugal. That's better. It has been a long while since I've made the trek to Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills - it was much closer when I lived in Rochester! We were going to go to the zoo yesterday, but with the rain, well, we weren't that brave. We decided to head up to the GLC on a whim to do some "back to school" shopping. GLC didn't disappoint! I even picked up a lovely vintage looking dress at the LOFT with a necklace for under $25.
2) While we were on this little adventure, we decided to treat the kids to Rainforest Cafe. I was on the fence about whether it would be a brilliant idea or an epic disaster. With the thunderstorm simulations and animatronics, it had the potential to lead the little people into meltdown mode. I am thrilled to report that they were enthralled! It was the most pleasant dining experience we have had with them...possibly EVER. Thank you Rainforest Cafe!
3) Kids Praise CDs: For her birthday, Li'l G got a couple of Kids Praise CDs from her Godmother. We absolutely love them - she has now memorized most of the songs. It is the sweetest thing to hear her little voice belting praise to God from the backseat. Some of the words are not so precise, but her heart is lifted in praise and I'm good with that.
4) So You Think You Can Dance: Yeah, it's a favorite. Especially when Li'l G sees them dancing the waltz (I heart Amy & Fikshun - so glad she is still on the show!), and looks at her daddy and asks him to dance. It was a sweet sight for the eyes to watch Amy & Fikshun waltz on television while simultaneously watching daddy and daugther twirl about the living room. Thank you SYTYCD. That's what it's all about.
5) First hugs. It's just been in recent days that little man has started giving real hugs. I squeeze tight and say "huuuug!" and then he squeezes back. It.is.the.best! We love having affectionate children. Now I just have to make sure to socialize them a little more so they aren't creepers at parties. Li'l G might have a slight problem to loving too much, if that's possible. It kind of breaks my heart though to tell her other people don't want her to love on them in full force, but well, here we go with socialization hurdle numero uno.
...and those are a few of my favorite things for this week! Go over to Hallie's to see what other people are loving on this week. Ciao for now!